SPEECH AND LANGUAGE SUPPORT
The Speech/Language Support Program provides services to students demonstrating communication disorders such as stuttering, impaired articulation, language impairment or voice impairment, to the extent that it adversely affects a student’s educational performance.
Services available through the Speech/Language Support Program include:
- Screening and evaluation of communication skills
- Development of individualized educational programs
- Individual and/or group therapy in schools for preschoolers and school-aged children
- In-home therapy for preschoolers
- Consultation with school personnel about speech, language, voice, and fluency
- Support with use of assistive technology devices
- Parent training and support
- Educational workshops or trainings relating to communication
If your child is age 3 to 5 years and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, please visit the IU8 Preschool Early Intervention page for referral information.