Assistive technology is any item, piece of equipment or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified or customized, that is used to increase, maintain or improve the functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.
Services available through the Assistive Technology Program:
- Basic information concerning awareness of assistive technology services available and how to access these services
- Assistance in obtaining assistive technology through PATTAN (short-term loan)
- Technical assistance and on-site training to assist in the successful implementation of assistive technology to benefit the student
Assistive Technology Request Process:
- The student's team collaboratively completes the IU8 Assistive Technology Consultation Request Form.
- Forward the completed request to your Special Education Administrator for review, approval and submission via e-mail to Laura Lamont along with the student's most current evaluation/re-evaluation (ER/RR) and current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan.