FIRST LEGO League
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 is excited to announce its affiliate partnership with FIRST Lego League. The FIRST Lego League program is for students in grades 4 through 8. Below, you will find videos containing information on the 2020 theme, team start up process, and registration. If you have any other questions please contact Shawn Cerully, 814-940-0223 ext. 1388.DATE: Saturday, January 11, 2020LOCATION: Altoona Area Junior High School1400 Seventh AvenueAltoona, PA 16602Team Registration is OPEN! (see instructions at the bottom of this web-page)
FIRST® RISESM powered by Star Wars: Force for Change
The Force is building
This season, our programs represent the opportunity each of us has to foster a sense of belonging and help our cities, towns, and communities reach new heights. As the architects of FIRST, we’re all working to build a stronger foundation, so we can build a better world. Together, we RISE.
Click on the link below for more 2020 information:What is FIRST Lego League?How much does it cost to start/run a team?$496 for the EV3 Robot Set & Software (Lego Mindstorm) *one-time purchase$225 + $10 (S&H) yearly registration fee$75 + $15 (S&H) CITY SHAPER Challenge Set$125 yearly Tournament fee for each team (up to 10 kids + 2 coaches)Misc. $$ for t-shirts, food, etc.How do you create a team: Watch this Youtube video for step-by-stepinstructions on Creating a Team
Information to Registering for First Lego League 2020
The registration for the 2020 FLL event hosted by the Appalachia IU8 & TIU11 is a four-step process.
- Register through FIRST.
- Go to firstinspires.org and click “log in” in the top right corner. If you are a new team, you’ll need to create a new account. If you are a returning team, you can use your account information from the past.
- Once you are logged into your account, you will need to pay to register as an official FIRST team.
- Sign up for the event through FIRST.
- Once you are logged in and have paid your FIRST registration, you should see our event (PA-CENTRAL) on your dashboard. Click on the event and follow the instructions to sign up for it.
- Register through the Appalachia IU8.
- Click on the following link to pay to REGISTER for this event through the IU.
- NEW FOR 2020: Each team will be required to register ONE VOLUNTEER through the FIRST Volunteer Management System that will serve as a Tournament Volunteer.
Once you have completed all four steps, you are ready to compete. Look for more information as the event date draws near. Good luck!
FIRST LEGO League PA-Central Workshop
For more information: www.iu08.org/fllworkshop
Volunteers are always welcome and needed. To register to be a volunteer, please go to: https://tinyurl.com/2019-FLL-Volunteer-RegisterCongratulations to Team Artemis on your 1st Place 2019 Champions Award!
IU8 STUDENT PROGRAM CANCELLATION POLICY:
District/Team WILL NOT BE Invoiced – if this event is cancelled by the IU due to low enrollment.
District/Team WILL NOT BE Invoiced – if the participant cancels at least 7 days prior to the start of the event.
District/Team WILL BE Invoiced the FULL Cost– if the participant cancels with LESS than 7 days notice
of the start of the event or if the participant simply does not attend.
- Register through FIRST.