IU8 Employment General Information
In order for your application to receive consideration for employment opportunities with IU8, the following must be included:
- Completed Application
- Certified positions PA Standard (PA Standard Application)
- Non-Certified/Support Staff positions (Download Application)
- Day-to-Day Substitute Teacher
Aide (Download Application)
- A letter of interest and resume
- Current clearances (Clearance applications are available here.)
- Act 34 (Criminal Record)
- Act 151 (Child Abuse History) Original must be inspected at time of hire.
- Act 114 (FBI Clearance) PAE Number
- Act 168
- Act 168 of 2014 requires completion of the Act 168 Commonwealth of PA Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release. Please click here to download the form to submit with application. Please review the instructions included with the form as you may need to complete multiple forms. Your form(s) should be returned to Appalachia IU 8 with your application materials.
- Act 24 of 2011 (PDE 6004*)
- Contact information for three references is adequate for Day-to-Day
Substitute Teacher Aide applications. (Letters are NOT required.)
- For certified position applications, three letters are required and must be from professional contacts (noted below).
*Act 24 contains a number of changes to Section 111 of the School Code. School employees will be required to report to the School Administrator within seventy-two (72) hours any arrest or conviction of an offense listed in Section 111(e) that occurs after September 28, 2011.
Additionally, application for certified positions requires:
- Copy of Professional Certificate
- Copy of transcripts (If offered employment, original transcripts will be required.)
- Three reference letters must be professional (see above)
Application materials should be sent to:
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
Human Resource Department
4500 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submitted applications shall be kept on file for one year unless otherwise notified in writing by applicant.
Any misrepresentation of submitted information shall be sufficient cause for: (1) rejecting the application, (2) withdrawing of any offer of employment, or (3) termination of employment.
The Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 Board of Directors has adopted a policy regarding nepotism in hiring. This policy prohibits the hiring of personnel for positions, which would result in a situation where such person(s) would supervise or be supervised by a relative as defined in the policy. All hiring actions and decisions are subject to this policy.
SCHOOL PERSONNEL HEALTH RECORD: If an applicant is chosen for employment by a school entity in the State of Pennsylvania, that person must provide employers with a School Personnel Health Record completed by a licensed health practitioner in the State of Pennsylvania before employment begins. As part of that health record, proof of a negative tuberculosis test must be provided as stipulated on the School Personnel Health Record form.
Pennsylvania School Districts and Intermediate Units, including this Intermediate Unit do not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry, genetics or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the American with Disability Act of 1990.